7th Grade Math Homework Help: Directions For Dummies
If you are struggling with your homework, there are many things you can do to help improve how effectively the work process is.
- Use a homework diary. This is a journal where you record everything that you have to do. You might call it a diary, a journal, a calendar, or a simple task planner. Whatever you call it functions the same. Using it will help you to write down exactly what you have to do each night and when each assignment is due. You can make sure that you complete every assignment on time and avoid being marked down for a late assignment by using such a calendar.
- Mark each item you have to complete in your calendar as soon as you receive it. If you are given a printout of your next writing assignment, place the due date in your calendar and then placed the physical instruction sheet in the appropriate folder. Doing both items immediately will help you to stay on point and will help you to avoid submitting late work.
- In addition to having a small calendar that you keep with you it is best that you use a monthly planner on your desk or on your balsa that you can record long term assignment due dates for test dates. Having a short daily planner will help you to keep track of each item that is due that day but having a monthly calendar will help you to see your long-term schedule so that you can plan for things such as a study session prior to a major exam or perhaps finishing a research paper one week early because you are going on vacation with your family. The more prepared you are the better off you will be.
- Make sure that you have all of your supplies in your bag prior to going to sleep. For many students mornings are chaotic and even when you leave for school you might be a little groggy. This makes it very easy to forget important things in the morning. You can avoid this problem by gathering your folders, notebooks, supplies, and your work the night before so that you do not have to worry about it in the morning.
- Make sure you get some sleep. Most students do not get enough sleep and if you are well rested you are better able to pay attention and to work more efficiently both in class and at home.