8 Great Tips For Students Seeking Homework Help
Children get more success in school when their parent actively participate in their homework at home- it displays kids that what their lecturers give as homework is as important as their school studies. Of course, homework help doesn’t mean that you are hunched for hours over a desk. Parents should be supportive by establishing organization and study abilities, explaining a difficult problem, or simply encouraging their kids to take a break. And who knows, in return, parents may also get to know about new things!
Here are certain tips for students seeking homework help-
- Know your teachers- and what they want. Go for school events like parent- teacher association, to meet the teacher of your child. Ask about the homework details and your involvement in the complete process.
- Setting up a homework-friendly atmosphere. Ensure that the students have a well-lit location for their homework. Keep stationery supplies such as pencils, pen, paper, glue etc. within their reach.
- Program regular study hours. While some students find afternoon hours best for their homework followed by a lunch and playing time, others prefer to study after the play hours and before dinner. So, time your kids as per their convenience
- Assist them draft a plan. During the time of heavy homework or when the assignments are quite difficult to solve, be an encourager to your kid and motivate them to break up the homework hours in adjustable chunks. Draft a working schedule for the day, if important and don’t forget to include a 15-minute after every hours or assignment, if possible.
- Lower distractions to the least, which broadly means no television, music or phone usage. However, an occasional call to a classmate regarding work could be helpful.
- Ensure that the kids do their own homework. They will not learn if they don’t understand and think for themselves. They should make mistake and then learn from the same. Parents should be available for them to make suggestions and guide directions. But, it is the job of a student to do all the learning.
- Praise their effort. Go for an ace test or art projector on the wall. Declare their academic accomplishments to relatives and friends. It will motivate them from inside.
- If you face continuous problem with their homework, find help. Discuss the matter with the teacher. Some kids have issues of seeing the board and might require glasses; others need special attention for proper understanding.