Why Homework Should Be Compulsory: 5 Not-So-Obvious Reasons.
The debate that home assignments should be an important part of the student’s life is an old one. However, to support this stance, we have discussed some major reasons that are not very obvious to the general audience
- School is not a place for repeating things, it is somewhere you can learn new concepts. The teachers should be able to have enough time to introduce new concepts and ideas to students in school. It is the duty of the student to get home, repeat these things in his mind, and practice them to get a better hold of the subject. This will help develop a good bond between the student and the teachers because they will know where the student needs help and how to improve it
- Some assignments often require adult supervision and the student cannot complete them on his own. This is why you will need help from your parents. It is a good way to develop a good relation between you and your family because you will sit with them and seek their guidance. It helps parents to get more involved in the educational activities of the students. It is also good for the student because they can ask the questions from their parents without any hesitation
- It helps you prepare for standardized tests and exams. You can practice the assignments on your own and get a better idea of each subject for the final papers. Even if you are not good at a particular subject or assignment, you will have a better idea of where and how to improve it for the exams.
- It is a good thing because it gives you something to do and concentrate on. When you are a student, you do not have to worry about anything from practical world or real life. You have a small set of responsibilities that revolve around you and your wellbeing. Attempting homework can give a sense of responsibility and punctuality to students. It will also help you manage your tasks and have less time for playing games
- Home assignments help the parents get an idea of what their kid is doing at school. You can observe the teaching style and strategy and see if it suits your kid. It is an important way for busy parents to keep track of their kid’s performance and evaluate the teaching methods. You can look at these assignments and give your suggestions or ask questions from the teacher about the tasks your kid is attempting